SHRIMP TACO RECIPE
Ingredients: 1 pound of raw (uncooked) cleaned shrimp, 1 red onion, 1 tomato, 1 bunch of cilantro, 1 avocado, 2 habanero peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, taco salsa, teriyaki sauce, white corn tortillas, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, red crushed pepper seasoning & butter.
- Heat up your skillet and pour just enough olive oil to cover the surface of the pan. Turn the heat to medium.
- Dice up the 2 habanero peppers and toss them into the oil as its heating up.
- Season cleaned shrimp with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, red crushed pepper & parmesan cheese.
- Once the skillet is hot and the habanero peppers are sizzling a little, toss the shrimp in.
- In another small skillet, fill the surface with olive oil and start browning the white corn tortillas.
- While the shrimp is cooking, dice up 1 tomato into 4 slices, slice the red onion, cilantro and the avocado. Set them aside (you can do this first if you want.)
- Turn the shrimp over so they can cook evenly on both sides, check your tortillas & add another when one is done.
- Once the shrimp are evenly cooked, add a capful/tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce & a thin slice of butter to the shrimp and shake them around.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet & add the diced tomato & red onion.
- Remove all browned tortillas from the skillet.
- Remove roasted tomato and red onion once they are soft and slightly crispy around the edges.
- Lay down shredded cheddar cheese in warm tortillas with taco salsa. Add the shrimp. Sprinkle more shredded cheddar cheese on top, then add the cilantro, grilled tomato, grilled onion, and avocado.
- Top with more taco salsa and parmesan cheese.
I’m a firm believer now that putting my close friends into my relationship is the wrong step. But what lead me here?
Friends, as awesome as they are, give too much info and want too much info. Me included. I want the juice. Who, what, when, where, why & how? I once had a homegirl that told me everything about the guy she liked. Sexually, she didn’t leave out any details. I knew him but I didn’t have eyes for him at all, so I’d wonder why she liked him so much and I’d always tell her she was tripping. We’d crack jokes about him through these stories & eventually, I knew I could find out anything I wanted about him from her. Later on, years later, he and I started to like each other. Those things she said about him years earlier crossed my mind from time to time and I felt almost guilty because I thought she would think I was plotting on him all along. (I wasn’t.) But what if she had never told me anything about him? Their intimate times and ups and downs were actually never my business to begin with. I would not have had those details and everything would be fresh. If this girl were my best friend or someone in my private circle, the thought of dating him would never happen. But she was an acquaintance and in all honesty, she shared too much about her life with me. It didn’t have anything to do with why I liked him later, but she could only know that if she never told me anything.
On the flip side, I’ve done the exact same thing. Someone does something nice for me and I gotta tell my friends. Before I knew it, one of my homegirls developed a crush on a guy I was dating. She would never admit it but energy doesn’t lie. I could see it in her giddy smile, it was written all over her face. I had committed the crime of marketing my boo thang to my friend.
I started to understand very late as an adult that girls are shady. We’re sneaky. And we compete with each other for validation. Sometimes the intention is pure and you really don’t care about a guy and other times, you’re plotting all along to snatch someone because it means you’re on the same level as the woman he may be giving special attention to. It get’s touchy when it’s people you love and care for that start to like the guy that you love. Sometimes, this won’t be avoided because it’s a part of life. But there’s a part we have control over and it’s how much we share.
On my instagram, I’ve seen so many accounts go from, “I hate being single.” to “I love being single!” to “Today, I met my soulmate, here he is!” to “Date night with bae.” “In the car going on date night with bae.” “At the restaurant having a date with bae” “leaving the restaurant headed home with bae” “Bae surprised me with flowers.” “Here’s my pregnancy test.” “I’m pregnant by my soulmate, I love you so much bae” and then in about 1 year or less…. “I hate all men!” “You lying, cheating, scheming SOB!” “No one can run game on me!!!” “I’m having so much fun tonight!! Single & ready to mingle!” “If you lost me, you stupid!” “I hate being single.” “I love being single!” “Met my soulmate tonight! Here he is!”
I sometimes enjoy watching the process. The whole point is to show off. It’s not about real love when every waking moment and detail is for everyone to indulge in. But more importantly, it’s advertisement. We advertise our significant other and everything about them and are basically begging for someone else to find that attractive and take it or ruin it. Those details matter. Now complete strangers and or friends have all the info they need to make their move whether intentional or unintentional.
Maybe those flowers weren’t meant to be on the internet. Maybe, he doesn’t give this to everyone, but he gives it to you because you’re special. Maybe you make him look like a sucka every time you publicize his sensitive side. Maybe it’s just too much.
The PDA thing is a lot better when it’s balanced. Of course when you love someone it’s not a secret. I don’t think it should be hidden, but nobody needs to know just how amazing or how horrible it is. Men & women will plot on your love life. They will covet what you have and they will try to take it away, ruin it, or they will be entertained by something that’s supposed to be sacred. The biggest question is truly, why do we want to share so much?
The reason is because we’re insecure and lack self control. It’s very hard to be happy and have everything I want and not tell everyone all the details. I’m so excited and happy but it’s just so much better. No one can be in the way when they don’t know. It’s just 100% the way to go!
Thank you for reading! Let me know if you agree/disagree and if the taco recipe works for you! Listen to #iWantU below: